One of the things we pride ourselves on is stocking a variety of brands and products that make a technician’s job easier and efficient. The Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit is one of those products that may seem intimidating at first glance but is actually a great product to have on hand when your customers are looking for addressing issues or flaws with their headlights.
What is the Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit?
The Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit is a product that uses a drill-mounted, precision foam polishing ball to quickly and safely restore, maintain, and protect all types of smooth plastic headlights so that they’re clean and clear. The single box includes a 3” backing plate, a PowerBall 4Lights polishing tool, restoration discs, and an 8oz container of headlight polish. The purpose of the kit is to clean away any yellowing, stains, and debris while restoring, maintaining, and protecting the headlights. If you’re looking to streamline your auto shop operations, then we suggest allocating 30 to 45 minutes per headlight when using this product. It’s one of the best products for automotive maintenance.
Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit Review
Our customers use this product because the kit includes everything you need for cleaning and renewing headlights. The polish works and can support thick layers of discoloration and debris without much effort–with a little of the product going a long way. You will notice that the polish not only restores clarity to headlights but also shields the headlight with a protective, oxidation-inhibiting polymer layer to guard against future degradation from the elements. Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit doesn’t have to be used only on headlights, but can also be used on tail lights and reflectors, plastic convertible top windows, bug shields, motorcycle windscreens, helmet face shields, and more. It’s one of those versatile products that can help you address multiple automotive solutions!
How to Use the Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit
- Spray down the headlight or the area you’re working on to remove all the dust and grit that might be easy to remove.
- At this time, you should tape off the outer edges of the headlight so you don’t accidentally use the grit against the body of the car and scratch or damage the vehicle you are working on.
- Then you want to place the adaptor on the drill bit. You will want to make sure your drill has 1500 to 1800 RPMs to do an efficient job. You can do the entire headlight renewal by hand, but it will take a lot more time and energy.
- Use the 800 grit sandpaper on the external bit of the headlight then follow it up with the 1500 grit. You’ll see the headlamps blur a bit more in this time and a milky solution coming off–this is a mix of the plastic that is being sanded off. Most people get worried at this point, but don’t worry as it’s a completely normal thing in the process of headlight renewal.
- Then you want to use the 3000 grit sandpaper and repeat the above process of just sanding down the headlights. We like to allocate 7-10 minutes per grit, but it really depends on how difficult the grime and discoloration are.
- Grab the buffer tool and polish and buff out the headlight for about 10 minutes for each headlight. You’ll notice a big difference in the clarity of the headlights!
Since the Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit offers enough polish to do multiple cars, give us a call and we can ensure you get any extra products and sandpaper you need so you can maximize the use of your renewal kit. You can also learn more about our customers’ favorite auto detailing supplies here.